Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh Levels (Funny Title)

The birds and worms have been waiting for my new post before the birds eat those worms that are anticipating to be eaten. Now I can happily declare that the bird is allowed to eat those worms. Birds, if you ever see this blog, or even made it to this post, eat those worms, and enjoy your breakfast.

SO! What's up people? As I have said, the frequency of my blog posting will be based on the amount of readers reading my blog, and I'm really not very confident at all to announce that quite a number of people have been reading it. I'm still hoping it, though. Anyway I suddenly have the insatiable urge to publicise certain things in my mind that I thought needs to be published, because I love sharing information with other people. Right. The very one thing I have in mind now to blog about is "O" levels!

Those poor, kind souls who used to take a peek at my now de-functioning, old blog may have that trace of knowledge about the time I used to blog about my "O" level results. About how pathetic the grades are, how I kept whining and complaining about the downfall of the exam, and how I said I regret doing stupid things at the wrong time. Three years have passed and so many things happened between the time frame 2005 and 2008. Going to a polytechnic has toughen me in ways which I will never be able to if I went to a JC, and also gave me insights on the reality of the adult/working life and made me stop depending on the idealistic side of things; I now know that in certain industries, such as the media industry, people-to-people relationships are essential, but the ways the relationships are handled and viewed upon can possibly make an aspect of an individual's life unhealthy, such as cheapening the value of a relationship occurring. This does apply to other aspects of life too, it does not necessarily apply to the media industry only. Simply put, it means you make "friends" for the purpose of using them to your advantage and you may or may not really care about the "friendship" after you have fulfilled your purpose. It becomes a cycle of ""friends" come and go", but you are obliged to say "hi" to them for the sake of saying so. Yes, this may be depressing to some but this is one of the things I have learnt from going to a polytechnic, and I have learnt to wise up not to fall to this trap anymore, or at least I tried not to.

Coming back to the "O" levels topic, let's just say I have decided to assure myself some form of security by paying an amount of money in exchange for another chance to redeem my dismal English grade. Yeah, that eyesore inducing, heart-stabbing letter 'C' was printed on my certificate 2 years back and there was no way I could remove that letter from the cert without using a correction tape. So in order to save the trouble of buying a correction tape, more than hundred bucks was forked out for another chance. I wanted to pay for it myself, but my mom paid for me instead. Thanks mom, you rock!

And I sincerely hope with this precious chance I can correct that 'C' mistake to the original 'A' that was supposed to be on the cert. Why did I need that form of security anyway? Well, NIE officially stated in their website that in order NOT to be a victim of the proficiency test (which you will need to pass in order to be considered for admission or something like that), you must have at least grade B4 in English if you are going to teach English-medium subjects. And I'm not going to teach Chinese, so... well, I guess in order to have a higher chance of admission, a better grade will be better too, because I'm 70000000% sure that grades do matter, especially with the fact I didn't take 'A' levels and I'm using a diploma with my 'O's for admission. Does it sound like I'm certain I'm going for NIE after my diploma? HM....

Anyway, I got my entry proof for the exam already, and I'm kind of bummed by the fact that English paper this year falls on the eve of my B'day. All the best to me. Paper 1 from 2.30pm to 4.15pm, and paper 2 from 5pm to 6.40pm. The paper ends when everyone's having dinner? I hope the comprehension passage is not on chicken pies nor dining etiquette. I'll just draw chickens all over the answer sheets. Just joking. Hope you found it funny though!

No comments: